Wednesday 2 September 2009

Womad 2009


Sorry I'm so behind with this blog, no excuse really apart from the long school holidays, busy being a mum rather than a fairy!

This was our first year at Womad and we arrived on site a day later than we should of which had caused me a great deal of stress. However after a 5am start we arrived to sunny skies and a lovely pitch in the campsite area. I was slightly surprised at this as it hadn't been what I had expected, but it turned out to be a good space with plenty of people passing by all weekend.

The kids zone was massive and full of fun things to keep my little ones busy with Gina once again on hand to keep them happy. Saff was once again my reluctant fairy helper (how can you not want to be a fairy?) We did a steady trade in tutus and fairy goodies and enjoyed the good weather on Saturday. I managed to flatten my car battery running my cool box, so was unable to shut the electric windows meaning a spent too much time trying to cover it with a tarpaulin. In the end Dan had to come to the rescue with a battery charger, it wouldn't be a festival if something didn't go wrong.

Unfortunately by Sunday lunchtime the weather took a turn for the worst, with rain, rain and more rain! There was a fabulous parade round the festival site and it was a shame the rain had come but it didn't seem to dampen anyones spirits. Dan and the little ones went home Sunday evening leaving Saff and me to pack up ready for home Monday morning.

I really enjoyed this festival but it was incredibably tiring with long trading days and music blasting out right next to us all night long. It took me about a week to recover afterwards rather than the usual day or two.

No comments: