Wednesday 15 July 2009

Guilfest 2009


Well with a happy heart and a flutter in my wings I set off with Saff for Guilfest once more. This was my favourite festival last year so I was happy to be on my way. We arrived on site in plenty of time and after a quick lunch of cold pizza we were allocated our pitch.

Several hours later our stall was up and stock was out so we headed off into Guildford in search of food. Having located a Sainsburys we attempted to park in the multi-storey, and promptly got stuck. I had forgotten that I had my roof box on my car, all very embarrissing as we had to get out and take it off the roof and put it in the car in order to get back out!!! For followers of my blog you'll be aware this isn't the first daft incident that has occured with my roof box. I think I was so relieved to have left the trailer at the festival site (as I can't reverse with it) that I didn't even think of the box. Well now you know I'm a bit of daft fairy sometimes.

Friday dawned bright and dry and we did a steady trade in tutus. Dan, Jess and the kids arrived Friday evening and so did the rain. Luckily the site never got too muddy although the kids managed to find the few bits that were!

Saturday we cheated and dashed off to my mums for breakfast and showers and returned refreshed to turn everyone into fairies. Once again the tutus being the most popular item. The day was spent dodging the rain, putting the stock out the front of the stall and then just as quickly bringing it back in again. Sunday weather was much the same, warm but showery. Overall we had fun and are now back once again making more tutus for Womad our next festival.

No comments: