Tuesday 17 July 2007

3 Wishes Fairy Fest

We recently attended the 3 Wishes Fairy Fest on Bodmin Moor, Cornwall. I persuaded my mum to come along to assist me and offer abit of moral support as I was unsure what to expect. My daughter also came so we made it a real girls outing.

Having driven down through rain showers, the sky seemed to get blacker the nearer we got and by the time we crossed into Cornwall I very worried about the weather for the weekend. Tired and abit disheartned we opted not to set up camp that night but to stay at the local Travelodge, a decision that was probably not such a good idea as the room was very smelly!


Friday dawned damp but not actually raining so we headed off early for the festival site keen to set up before the rain came. We arrived and found that the arena pitch we had booked was not available, the only space left was on a very steep slope so we opted for a woodland pitch along the pixie path, a decision that proved fairy fantastic as everyone going into and out of the arena had to walk past us.



The rain held off for the most of the day so we were able to set up and decorate the fairy grotto and get our tents pitched, something we were dreading not being natural campers!





One tent part up, just one more to go!












The final result looked great and the beautiful colours of the tutus caught everyones eye.




Sapphire having abit of a grumpy fairy moment but it only lasted a few minutes before she was back in full helpful fairy mode.

My poor mum spent the whole weekend sewing! She altered everyones wings and tutus to make sure they were a fairy perfect fit. Thanks Mum, I don't think I could of managed without you.



The festival was fabulous, we met so many lovely people, everyone was more than happy to stop and have a chat which for me was great as I love to talk!


The Saturday was also mostly dry and we did a brisk trade in wings & tutus with many of our customers happy to pose for the camera.







Unfortunately we woke up Sunday morning to a very water logged grotto. Sapphire, my mum and I spent a good hour mopping out and resetting up the grotto ready for our fairy craft workshops.







However about an hour later the heavens opened once more and we had to admit defeat and once again begin the clean up operation.



Overall a great time was had by us all and we are hoping to return again next year this time with our new waterproof grotto!

No comments: